Monday, May 21, 2007

"You're never fully dressed without a smile"

This week Eli purposely smiled for the first time!! It was such a great feeling to be looking at him and he had a full, mouth open, toothless smile. Joe and I were just sitting in bed talking to him and there it was. Hopefully next time we can get him to do it long enough to get a picture.

We went on a picnic at Minnetrista again this week and while sitting in the grass with not a person in sight I had to feed Eli. Laying on the blanket to feed him in a side laying position here comes this little dog running full speed towards us with a man of about 35 running after it. I try to gather up Eli and myself to not to become victim to the dog and the man is right there just in time for a little show. He quickly apologized and continued running and the dog followed not missing a beat.

Unfortunately, Eli now has cradle cap, but its not on his head... he has it on his ears, which I didn't know could happen. We had been bathing him and using the curry comb we were given at the hospital to prevent the cradle cap, but I can't very well use it on his ears! We have been bathing him everyday now and it seems to be much better.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I still can't believe you have a baby! And as my mom puts it, he's really starting to look like a baby and not a newborn! I'm so proud of both of you and I pray that God continue to bless you and the beautiful family you've created!

PS: Keep up with the baby sign! It'll pay off later!