Thursday, May 10, 2007

"What's that, baby communion?"




This week has been interesting since Joe has been going back to work for half days at noon and I have been home trying to figure out how to manage myself and a baby! We continued to take Eli in for bili checks and his level began going down and by Sunday he was off the blanket!! We took Eli to Mass for the first time and of course I feed him before we leave and then as soon as we walk into the church he is hungry again. So Joe and I sat out in the narthex attempting to modestly breast feed in public for the first time. I was all covered and doing well when our friend, Jacob, walks up and this conversation takes place:

Jacob: Where’s the baby?
Tonya: Under the blanket.
Jacob: (moving toward me and beginning to lift the blanket) Well, let’s see him…
Tonya: What are you doing?! (Jacob realizing why Eli is under the blanket throws it back down and steps back)
Jacob: (picking up my breast pad) What’s this? Baby’s toy communion?
Tonya: No, that’s my breast pad (Jacob throwing down the pad and freaking out for touching it)

Oh the crazy friends we have!!



Eli Update: 6lbs 2oz

No comments: