Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Extreme May 13, Celebration: 2007

Today was a grand celebration of many things: my first Mother’s Day,our first wedding anniversary, and Eli’s baptism. The baptism Mass was perfect; we had so many people there to see his first sacrament. He wore the baptismal gown that was first worn by his great grandpa Kunkel and he was wrapped in the white blanket I was covered with at my baptism.
Everything was going so well and as soon as Fr. John placed wet, naked Eli into the towel Chris was holding Eli had the loudest toot and we all lost it including Fr. John. It was such a strange, but wonderful feeling to have everyone telling me “Happy Mother’s Day”. Looking back of the past year it went so fast. I can’t believe we have already been married a year and have a child! What a perfect way to celebrate a perfect year. Here's a look at a year ago today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How beautiful! What a day to celebrate. I love that the gown and blanket have so much meaning too! You guys are so cool and holy and lovely!